Content provided courtesy of USAA | By Chad Storlie
Having great answers to standard interview questions is a terrific way to have an outstanding interview even if you are nervous. The ten standard interview answers will reinforce other skill sets listed on your resume.
1. How does your background make you the ideal candidate for this position?
2. Provide an example of how you led a team to success on a project?
3. Provide an example of how you taught a group or groups a new skill? How did you measure the outcome?
4. Describe an instance where your first project plan was not successful? What did you do to change the outcome?
5. Give a detailed description of how you created an innovation and how did you convince others it was a promising idea? Why was it innovative?
6. Describe an instance where you saved money or reduced cost for an organization. How did you go about implementing the change?
7. How have you dealt with an unhappy customer? What did you do to make that customer happy and retain their business?
8. Illustrate an instance where you had to deliver unwelcome news to your boss. How did you do it, what was the outcome, and what did you learn?
9. Provide an example of how your military training will make you successful in this position. How do your military skills help make you an ideal candidate?
10. What are three things that you would tell a candidate interested in this company about our products? How do our products make us superior to our competitors?