The American Legion’s Veterans Employment & Education Division is teaming up with Avenir for a Mind Fit Workshop for Veterans during the Legion’s Washington Conference in the nation’s capital.
The workshop is scheduled for March 1 at the Washington Hilton, 1919 Connecticut Ave. NW.
The workshop is geared toward veterans dealing with any of the following conditions:
• Trouble sleeping
• Intrusive memories or spinning thoughts
• Difficulty controlling anger or in feeling positive and optimistic
• Drinking too much
• Depressed moods or mood swings
• Guilt or regret
• A strong need for adrenaline-pumping, risky activities to feel more alive
• Poor interpersonal relationships
This workshop aims to relieve those conditions by teaching simple techniques to relieve and move past negative effects of stress, by building resilience and improving overall health.
The workshop will be led by Army veteran Marion Cain, Marine Corps veterans Chris Dixon and Jared Smyser, and Colleen Mizuki, a brain-based resilience coach and trainer and a part of the Department of Defense’s Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program.
The workshop is free to veterans and their families. Click here to register.