The American Legion Department of Puerto Rico will host a career fair and series of workshops for servicemembers, veterans and their dependents on June 24 at Fort Buchanan Community Club, 660 Depot Road.
Registration is free to all veterans, transitioning servicemembers, active duty, National Guard, reservists and military spouses.
The schedule includes:
· 9-9:45 a.m.: Military to Civilian Transition Resume Workshop. Participants will recognize how to communicate their military expertise in their job application and interviews.
· 9:45-10:30 a.m.: Federal Resume Workshop. This workshop will show you how to alter your resume to fit federal internship and job application requirements.
· 10:30-11:15 a.m.: Financial Literacy Workshop. Participants will gain comprehensive knowledge of budgeting, emergency preparedness, and long-term investing.
· 11:15 a.m.-noon: LinkedIn Workshop. A great LinkedIn profile gives information about your professional background and abilities and helps get you noticed by hiring managers.
· Noon-1 p.m.: Networking Luncheon.
· 1-4 p.m.: Career Fair.
Job seekers will need to present a valid state or federal issued ID and registration ticket to enter Fort Buchanan.
To register, click here.