Six veterans join HVAC
Six new members of the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee are veterans, including three former Navy SEALs.
Their appointments were announced Jan. 25. They are:
• Eli Crane, R-Ariz., served as a Navy SEAL for 14 years.
• Scott Franklin, R-Fla., retired as a commander after spending 26 years in the Navy, 14 on active duty and 12 in the Naval Reserve.
• Jen Kiggins, R-Va., was a Navy helicopter pilot for 10 years.
• Morgan Luttrell, R-Texas, who was a Navy SEAL and is the twin brother of Marcus Luttrell.
• Keith Self, R-Texas, is a retired Army Ranger and a member of American Legion Post 10 in McKinney, Texas.
• Derrick Van Orden, R-Wis., is a retired Navy SEAL and a member of American Legion Post 68 in Prairie du Chien, Wis.
The committee is charged with recommending legislation that expands, curtails or adjusts existing laws relating to veterans' benefits.
The committee chairman is Mike Bost, a Marine Corps veteran.