The wait is over.
The newly designed MyLegion.org and user-friendly interface improvements are here.
Registered users of the free and secure website MyLegion.org – American Legion members, Sons of The American Legion members, and post, district and department officers – will see new membership and account enhancements.
• No shareing of credentials. Administrative officers no longer have to share login credentials. You can assign a group administrator access using their own MyLegion.org credentials.
• One user profile. Each registered user will have one profile. Once logged in, you will have access to your personal membership data in MY ACCOUNT. District/county/post/detachment/squadron officers will see additional officer tools under MY GROUPs to manage membership, and have full access to electronic rosters.
- If a member holds two or more titles (e.g., post adjutant and district commander) there are no more multiple logins. You may have additional groups within your account based on the office(s) you hold, and permissions assigned by administrators.
• Membership roster access. Adjutants and commanders alike will have access to the membership rosters.
• Access granted to memership roster. Other officers/individuals can be granted access to the membership roster by the adjutant or commander.
• MyLegion.org is now for SAL members. MyLegion.org is now for Sons of The American Legion members. This means that mySAL.org goes away and squadron members log in through MyLegion.org.
- If you have both a MyLegion.org and MySAL.org account, your MyLegion.org account will be your only login now. Your SAL information will be included in your member profile.
• Administrative access. Post commanders and adjutants will be assigned administrative access automatically on April 1.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
MyLegion.org member-only account answers, click here.
MyLegion.org administration officer answers, click here.
Here are a few examples
Q: If we were previously doing transmittals on the old MyLegion.org system, do we have to resubmit our account information?
A: Yes. You will be asked for a one-time setup for bank account when you first access MyLegion.org after April 1, 2021. This will include your post/squadron banking information, which may be saved in your account.
Q: We are entering new elections. How are you able to monitor administrative access after these elections and the change in officer positions?
A: MyLegion.org provides tools that allow your departments to update officer data quickly. Access will be reassigned as updates are entered, so providing that post data to your department headquarters is essential.
Q: If you are a new district commander, do you still have to submit a form to National to be able to have MyLegion.org access?
A: Request forms are no longer necessary. When you create a member account, you will have access based on your assigned office(s) on file.
Q: As post adjutant I have been handing all the dues for both our post and squadron. Will I still be able to do this?
A: Yes, you can be assigned both administrative roles.
TRAINING ON THE NEW MYLEGION.ORG
American Legion National Headquarters staff conducted training on March 30, on how to register a MyLegion.org account, navigate through an individual account, and manage My Groups. Visit legion.org/training/training-tuesdays for the PowerPoint slides and video presentation.
Training videos on how to use the new system will be available soon on MyLegion.org. These videos share how to:
1. Get started on MyLegion.org
2. Manage your MyLegion.org account
3. Manage GROUPS in MyLegion.org (e.g., assign administrative permissions, email members of your group)
4. Process membership – online membership processing for posts and squadrons (renew, add, transfer members)
5. Manage group membership (create roster and reports; edit member profiles; and global member search)
If you completed the single sign MyLegion.org registration as of Jan. 1, 2021, you will not not have to re-register once logging in April 1.
If April 1 is your first time to log in to the new MyLegion.org system, here is what you need to do.
• If you have not updated your personal account since Jan. 1, 2021, you will need to create a new account.
• Registration for your new account on the system will be achieved using the email address on your membership record. The email address must be present on your membership record to access district/county/post/squadron rosters online.
• Double check your current membership record to make sure an email address is populated by logging on to the MEMBERS SECTION at MyLegion.org. If you are a MySAL.org user, log into your squadron account and make sure your email address is up to date.
FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD?
MyLegion.org requires an email address and password for access. If you re-registered your MyLegion.org as of Jan. 1, 2021, but forgot your password, here is how to retrieve it.
1. In the MyLegion.org login/register window select “Forgot Password”
2. Enter your username and "Submit". A confirmation window will appear to check your email to reset your password.
3. Open your email and click on the link to reset your password. This email is from American Legion Identity Provider.
4. Reset your password. Enter new password and confirm password. Click “Reset.”
5. Password has been successfully updated message appears.
For questions on MyLegion.org, email myLegion@legion.org or call 833-253-9995.