Monument was designed by Calvin H. Weeks and was dedicated July 5, 1869. Weeks was also Mayor of Haverhill in 1884. Soldier in uniform, standing, holding a rifle with its stock on the ground. The names of 187 men are carved in its base. The face was modeled after Major Henry Jackson How, who died in the Civil War and for whom the G.A.R. Post is named. Memorial stands at the end of Kenoza Avenue and Main Street.
Date of Installation:
July 5, 1869
Memorial War Era(s):
Kenoza Ave and Main Street Haverhill, Massachusetts
Published on February 22, 2021