Learn how to protect PACT Act benefits from identity theft scammers
Veterans are invited to join the Department of Veterans Affairs Privacy Service’s first Privacy in Action Speaker Series virtual event of the year: “Protecting the PACT Act Benefits from Identity Theft Scammers” on Wednesday, Feb. 1, from 1-2 p.m. ET.
Despite a monumental and historic achievement for Veterans, the Sergeant First Class Heath Robinson Honoring Our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act of 2022 can present new opportunities for scammers to commit fraud. During this virtual panel discussion, veteran attendees will learn how to protect VA benefits, such as those provided by the PACT Act, and learn how to report and recover from identity theft.
Expert panelists will also discuss how to:
· Safely engage in online activities such as social media, browsing, shopping and personal finances
· Identify personal information you should never disclose
· Spot signs of risky websites and offers, and suspicious account activity.
To register for the event:
1. Click the VA IT Campus link.
2. Click “Continue as Guest.”
3. Click “Add to calendar” and save.
4. Open the calendar download appearing in the lower left of your screen.
5. Click “Save” and close.
On the day of the event, click on the VA IT Campus session link provided in the calendar invite and then log in again as a guest to watch the live event. The link goes live 30 minutes before the event.
For any questions regarding the event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.